Osmun Music receives daily deliveries from UPS, FedEx, and the United States Postal Service. To ensure the safe shipment of your instrument, kindly follow these guidelines:
1. Packaging: If you do not have the original factory packaging for your instrument, we strongly recommend against shipping it in a case. Cases can allow the instrument to sustain damage if the package is dropped, kicked, mishandled, etc.
2. Bubble Wrap: Carefully wrap your instrument with 1-inch sized bubble wrap, ensuring it is completely covered, and secure it with tape. Use enough bubble wrap to encircle the instrument 3-4 times until it's no longer visible through the wrapping.
3. Box and Padding: Place the wrapped instrument inside a sturdy box, surrounded by Styrofoam packing peanuts. Ensure there is adequate space inside the box, leaving a couple of inches of clearance around the wrapped instrument. For different instruments, we recommend the following box sizes:
- Trumpets: 24" X 12" X 12"
- Screw bell French horns: 20" X 20" X 20"
- Fixed bell French horns: 24" X 24" X 24"
- Trombones: 36" X 16" X 16"
4. Contact Information: Inside the package, include a note with all of your contact information, such as phone number, email address, and mailing address. Many third-party shipping stores may not print your contact information on the box or shipping label when they ship, so it's crucial to have this information enclosed within the container.
5. Insurance: When shipping your instrument, make sure to purchase insurance for the full replacement value in case of any unforeseen incidents.
Osmun Music, Inc
77 Powdermill Road (Unit 2)
Acton, MA 01720 USA